Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Pool from Hell





So, it seemed like a great idea to put in an above ground pool this summer, especially with Ryan being in year round swimming lessons. I did tons of research, can't help the scientist in me, and decided on a saltwater system. Boy did I screw up!

So everything is jolly good, except that the saltwater chlorinator has to be soaked at least once a week in acetic acid AKA vinegar to get friggin mineral deposits off of the titanium plates. This requires that I basically disassemble the darn thing on a regular basis.

The mineral deposits are only the tip of the iceberg, as the pool seems to feel more like a hot tub during the day than a nice refreshing pool. So, the water is evaporating faster and creating a need for me to add more calcium, etc. filled water... and the vicious cycle repeats itself. Damn you hard water!!!

Lesson learned... get an in ground pool and hire someone else to maintain it.

Ok, now that my pool rant is over...

I have nothing more to say.

Peace Out!
Cin

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Steve Parker
I am a tree hugging, cloth diapering, nursing, Prius driving, tortured graduate student and mom of two beautiful monsters. I have been married to Steve for over seven years, but he has a major flaw in that he seems to only be capable of producing children with the Y chromosome. My beautiful little monsters are Ryan and Reid, and they do a wonderful job of keeping me alive and slowly killing me at the same time. What can I say? I love my guys!
View my complete profile